Monday, September 15, 2014

Merry Monday #126 - Shining Sentiments

Hey everyone, it's Monday and that means time for another fun challenge at Merry Monday!  This week's theme is chosen by the spectacular Karren and she wants us to make a Christmas card with the sentiment as the star of the show.

Since I don't have any large sentiment stamps, I decided to use my Silhouette to cut a big ol' set o' words.  I was also inspired to try the bokeh technique by my friend Bree over at Craftsomnia-Momma - you can see her beautiful bokeh card here.


Here's the inspiration photo:


You can see all the details and gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.  Or stop by their blogs and give them some love:

Katie Melhus (you're here!)
Jen Mitchell

and our Featured Designer for September:

Jaydee

I can't wait to see everyone's entries in the gallery this week, I'm always so impressed with all of the creations.

Entering this  card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Create your own background
and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Rock the Techniques (Bokeh Technique)

Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!



Supplies: 
Ink: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive Re-inkers (SU), White Pigment Ink
Cut file: Silhouette Online Store
CS: Gold chevron glitter cardstock, Watercolor Paper, White CS
Misc: Enamel dots

25 comments:

  1. Perfect, Katie! LOVE the background and your sentiment surely takes center stage. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Katie ! I love the bokeh u created :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bokeh and the sentiment is fabulous! GORGEOUS! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome Katie! love your background and sentiment! Fabulous inspiration! I keep seeing this bokeh technique…time to try it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, you rocked the bokeh and it is so spectacular as a background for your diva sediment! My fave yummy colors, too! I really, really love this!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on your card and the beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Katie! You've Aced the Bokeh technique and I love the colors you used! And the BIG, BEAUTIFUL, SPARKLY sentiment is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I don't know what I love more. The fantastic bokeh background or the swirly sentiment. Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh BE-still my heart, the Background, just AMAZING!!!! I ADORE this... Ok so you have inspired me Miss Katie!!! ...I have an idea..... Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Bokeh background is just divine and that sentiment is gorgeous. Combined they make for a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely soft card and funny thing I did that Bokeh technique today too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Katie :-) I love the sparkly die cut sentiment and the soft colours of the background totally fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card Katie, I love your shimmery sentiment and the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought that sentiment looked familiar...lol I was thinking of doing the same thing! LOVE your card, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This, my friend, is crazy pretty!!!! 'nuff said xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried the bokeh technique this week too. What a fun technique! You did a beautiful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cool colors of the background with the warmer colors of your fabulous sentiment. Gorgeous card.
    thanks for having me along as the FD this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is stunning! I love that sparkly sentiment against the bokeh background - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card!! The glittery sentiment looks wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning and beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Katie! Love that background and your big wonderful sentiment! Fabulous card!! :)

    ReplyDelete