Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10 of my Spiffy Favorites from 2013

Happy New Year everyone!  2013 was an challenging but wonderful year for our family.  It was filled with great times and great heartaches.  I thought I would share my 10 favorite cards from this year with you.  But first...

I took 6 months off from the blog world this year, mostly because I wanted to concentrate on spending time with my father who lost his battle with lung cancer this summer.  It was important to me to help my little girl connect with her Grandpa while we still had the chance, and to make the most of our remaining time together.  Here's a gift I gave to him Father's Day of 2012, it's a great pic of him with Ansley, celebrating the nickname he gave her.  He cried when he opened it, so...Mission Accomplished, right?

My Dad and my daughter.  He always called her "The Little Bee".

As hard as it was at times 2013 was good, too.  I was amazed by the support I received (and still am receiving) from my family and friends.  I am blessed to have them to hold me up when I need it.  Hardships can really show you how amazing your people are!

On the PaperNerd front, two amazing things happened to me this year.  I got asked to be the Guest Designer for the awesome Retro Sketches challenge for October and November, AND I was offered my first chance to be part of a design team at the Colour Me...! Challenge.  (Which started today, check it out!)  I'm so beyond excited to have a chance to reach some of my goals and to grow as a paper crafter.  And I'm so so grateful to Arielle, Hayley and Tara who each saw something here they liked.  Thanks ladies, it means the world to me!

Alright, now for my favorite cards from this year.  After gathering these I realized I've been having a real love affair with turquoise and red!












Thanks so much for stopping by for a look!  All of the people in the papercrafting community are so awesomely talented and supportive of one another, you all are the best!  Keep it crafty!







3 comments:

  1. Great cards, love the grandpa lo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my Colour Me...! entry. Beautiful work, here! The best is the gift for your dad--so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Love the precious layout of your daughter with your father! Sorry to hear about your loss. 2013 was a tough year for me too losing my brother, mother, and a dear aunt. But, I hold their wonderful memories close in my heart! I'm sure you do also with your father. I love your style of cards! All so very unique and beautiful, and I look forward to seeing your creations for the Colour Me design team! Take care and wishing for you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete