Friday, September 13, 2013

Retro Sketches #80 and Simon Says...Emboss It!

Here's a card I made using this week's sketch at Retro Sketches.


I used my Distress embossing powder for the sentiment.  It's a bit out of my comfort zone because I usually like a really sharp embossed image, but it worked for the old and yellowed (kinda spooky) look I was going for.



I also used something I've never tried before called Flower Soft in "Autumn" to mimic piles of fall leaves on the bottom of the card.

The sketch:



Thanks for looking, keep it crafty!

~Katie

UPDATE: Hooray! This card was chosen as the Retro Sketches ROCKstar!  How cool is that?

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/09/52-card-pickup-237.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Just perfect for Halloween!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I love that cheesy pumpkin! How cute is he?!?!? Great take on the sketch...I love all of the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Katie! I love this card. Especially since it has a vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete