Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Reindeer Card for Nathan (and Mojo Monday 262)

Hello!  I made this little reindeer card for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  It's my first Christmas card of the year, it's strange to have my crafting brain switching back and forth between Halloween, Fall & Christmas themes but I'm having fun with all of them.


I got this reindeer stamp in a dollar bin last year and hadn't put it to use yet.  I stamped it onto white cardstock and colored it with colored pencils, then cut it out by hand.  He turned out pretty cute, I think.


Of course he needed a red glitter nose and I added some glossy accents to his scarf, antlers and spots for a little extra shine.  I stuck with subtle patterned papers so he would stand out and I love the SU colors Real Red and Pool Party together for a switch from traditional red and green.  Here's the Mojo sketch we have to work with this week:



 I was inspired to make a Christmas card after seeing this post by Catherine Pooler where she invites anyone to join her in sending Christmas cards to a little boy who is fighting cancer and coping with this hardship by celebrating Christmas with his family a few months early.  His name is Nathan and you can check out the news story about him  HERE.  You'll also find the mailing address there if you'd like to send a card their way.  It's a sweet idea and I think I'll join in and send this card to them.  Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment